Consider data as an organization’s “food.” An enterprise requires a steady diet of properly cultivated, harvested, processed, and cleansed data to thrive and prosper. Any organization that wants to extract the maximum value from its data should invest in a formal data operations program—also known as “DataOps,” short for “Data Operations.” DataOps combines the best practices from Agile and DevOps to create a data management program that enables data access and utilization across the entire organization.
Who are the DataOps “gardeners”?
With DataOps, enterprise business leaders, data scientists, data engineers, and analytics teams collaborate to answer “key business questions” (KBQs). DataOps extracts data-driven insights, i.e. candidate solutions, from the organization’s previously ignored or underutilized data.
Ways of cultivating DataOps
An organization’s commitment to answering KBQs with empirical evidence is a critical prerequisite for launching and evolving a successful DataOps program. Mature DataOps programs establish and maintain an optimal data operating environment. Data freshness, data availability, and data integrity are paramount! Executed properly, an organization’s DataOps program will yield answers and solutions that intelligently transform the business and deliver significant results to customers, partners, investors, and employees.
Enjoying the DataOps harvest
DataOps yields data-driven answers to KBQs that drive:
- Increased top-line revenue growth and improved bottom-line profitability
- Additional insight into customers and markets
- Improved products and services
- Increased operational efficiency and agility
- Transforms data management from an artisanal and bespoke endeavor into a standard, consistent, repeatable, and predictable process.
- In some cases, DataOps launches a new line of business that extracts value from selling the data the organization already generates on a daily basis
- Strategic decision making
- Improved data privacy and data protection maturity and regulatory compliance
How is Taos involved in all this? Our team has established the “DataOps Now” service designed to help organizations manage and optimize data operations across the complete enterprise. We provide the “gardening tools” that help you answer KBQs that will keep you ahead of your competition.
Contact us today to learn more: https://www.taos.com/managed_services/dataops-now