Taos Accelerates a Digital Transformation for a Large Financial Institution
SummaryTaos deployed a successful, repeatable framework and approach to modernize and transform a U.S. Bank by implementing a just-in-time delivery framework to support a secure and highly available infrastructure in Azure together with a DevOps framework built with cloud and infrastructure automation and orchestration.
Enabling Cloud Strategy Goals
As part of the Bank’s broader cloud strategy to deliver rapid innovation, increase speed to market, and lower costs, many of its applications were being developed with a micro-architecture approach to leverage cloud IaaS and PaaS deployment methods. Existing functionality and processes needed to be modernized and supported, so to support this strategic initiative and achieve a “cloud ready” state for future Azure deployments, the Bank engaged Taos to assess, advise, design, and implement a DevOps framework built around cloud and infrastructure automation and orchestration. Taos brought in a seasoned team of Cloud and Automation Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers who diligently worked with key Bank stakeholders and operational leaders from the initial assessment and design phases through build-out and deployment.
Deploying an Azure Reference Architecture
Taos also worked with key stakeholders to develop and deploy an Azure reference architecture to support the Bank’s automated IaaS and PaaS deployments. This involved collaborative discussions with key stakeholders and the design, development, and deployment of Cloud Infrastructure in Azure across two regions. This was built to leverage the DevOps automation framework and can scale to support the Bank’s enterprise Cloud Infrastructure projects.
Throughout the project, the Taos team worked closely with the Bank operations and technical teams to train, transfer knowledge, and provide turnover documentation in order to ensure the customer was empowered with the ability to run the new tools, technologies, and processes efficiently.
- Server builds required multiple handoffs and weeks to complete
- Infrastructure provisioning and management primarily manual processes, prone to error and rework
- End-to-End hardware and software provisioning lifecycles took months
- Standardization of system configurations and baseline software templates needed
- Azure reference architecture to support the application micro-architecture needed
- High-level automation workflow design
- Deployment of DevOps framework
- Configuration and deployment of critical security tools
- Azure reference architecture
- Environment building, provisioning, and configuring with Infrastructure as Code, IaaS and PaaS services
- Developed Standards and deployment templates, IPAM API Integration, Integration with existing IAM solutions
- Improved overall productivity and time to market
- Reduced End-to-End provisioning lifecycles from months to days
- Established a DevOps framework, reducing build and operations efforts
- Provided capability that can be leveraged for Azure, on-premise, or future cloud offerings
About The ClientThis financial institution is a large U.S. bank and holding company headquartered in Southern California. The Bank offers a full complement of banking, trust, and investment services through its offices and full-service regional centers in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Minneapolis, Nashville, Washington, DC and Atlanta.
Taos, headquartered in San Jose, California, empowers enterprises to operate efficiently, rapidly innovate, and scale their business. As a comprehensive Technology Solutions Partner for over 30 years, Taos simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing strategic guidance and technical expertise while implementing transformative solutions. We specialize in consulting, migration, and 24x7x365 operations powered by our Cloud and DevOps practices. For more information, please visit taos.com.